De Groot Law
De Groot Law is a boutique law firm in Amsterdam that specializes in arbitration, litigation and commercial contracts. De Groot Law favours a personal and focussed approach. It combines the time and cost effective approach of a small operation with Diederik de Groot’s long-standing experience in two major international law firms.
Diederik is a sole practitioner with access to a wide international network of lawyers (both in private practice and in the academic world), auditors, tax advisers, economists, corporate finance advisers, and various experts in technical and engineering matters.
As an independent practitioner, Diederik de Groot has no need for protracted conflict of interest searches. Requests for legal advice or assistance, and arbitration appointments can be handled promptly.
Diederik knows how to coordinate (multi-disciplinary) teams. Much of his work has been in cross-cultural settings. Diederik also knows that in complex litigation and arbitration matters, strict work planning is essential. It is equally essential for counsel to have a firm grasp of the client’s overall strategy. Tactical choices must be identified and handled in a timely manner.
De Groot Law offers a range of legal and professional services:
- Acting as an arbitrator in international and domestic arbitrations
- Acting as an expert in expert determination proceedings (bindend advies)
- Acting as an independent expert in commercial arbitration matters, by providing legal opinions and legal advice
- Counsel in international and domestic arbitrations
- Counsel in Dutch commercial litigation matters, including arbitration related court proceedings (enforcement and annulment of awards)
- Counsel in international commercial disputes
- Assistance in commercial contract matters, including contract drafting and negotiation
- Advice on the interpretation and implementation of commercial contracts (international sales of capital goods, distribution and agency, manufacturing contracts, transfer of technology, franchising and license agreements, joint ventures, terms and conditions of sale, supply agreements)
- Acting as lead counsel or special adviser in tandem with another law firm